10 good reasons to go on a backpacking trip by yourself
You want to see the world, but don’t have the right partner to travel? Nevermind. Just go by yourself. You are not the only one, whose friends suddenly are in relationships, get kids or don’t get off from work. Backpacking is a great way to see a lot, experience a lot, learn a lot. Moreover, it is a good opportunity to meet new people.
Almost everyone traveling the first time alone will feel slightly uncomfortable with the idea. But almost everyone, who has done it, won great confidence in himself or herself during that trip. It’s worth trying!
Meet new people, make less compromises
- You definitely get to know more people, when you travel by yourself. Because you have to. You are more open to every conversation with fellow travelers. You are more approachable to others. And almost everyone in the same situation wants to meet people.
- Traveling on your own means, that you have to do less compromises. You can do, whatever you want. You can be however you want to be. You can probably even brake out of a former role, that doesn’t fit you anymore.
- Traveling on your own means, that you are free to choose new travel mates anytime
- You don’t have to have a bad conscience in case you meet the love of your life and want to spend time together.
- You are able to take time for yourself whenever you need it.
- You get more self esteem in finding directions and solutions to daily problems by yourself. You will probably learn for life.
- If you are not a native English speaker, you will definitely improve your English skills by traveling on your own – or even have the opportunity to learn a new language. It is a real chance to extend your skills and to be better prepared for further travels, work life or cultural interaction.
- You learn to cope with feelings of loneliness from time to time and to understand, that the world keeps on turning even if you hang out reading a book on a Saturday night by yourself. There are always ups and downs.
- It’s not realistic not to argue with your travel mate on a long trip. Not every friendship can handle that. Traveling alone means not to risk a long friendship.
- You can go home anytime, if you don’t like it. You don’t have anything to loose. And to give yourself a go traveling by yourself is a lot better than not to travel at all.
Latest posts by Janina (see all)
- 11 travel highlights between Marseille and Nice - October 31, 2018
- Interview about a Chernobyl Tour: A bizarre day trip for time travelers - October 18, 2018
- One great week of Albania travel experiences - April 18, 2018